While wholly modern the design of the temple simultaneously represents the development of an architectural language with a long history, speaking of continuity but also renewal. The volumetric concept of the church derives from traditional church plans. The façade is a large flat wall, an emphatic and square plane, declarative of the otherness of the space within: the sacred space of the church interior. Above the altar is a high skylight whose light washes down behind an inclined panel cut into four sections to reveal a large Latin cross.
Moneo Brock is an international architectural, planning and design firm of versatile professionals committed to the identification and implementation of sustainable solutions, with great faith in the promise of good design.
We have completed projects of varying scales, both public and private, and our work has been widely published in international media.
We view each job as an opportunity to create a unique structure that can transform a part of the world, no matter the scale.
- Casa TEC 205. The Plan Award. Finalist. 2019
- Parish Church in Pueblo Serena, Winner in Architectural Design/Institutional Architecture, American Architecture Prize Award, 2017
- Parish Church in Pueblo Serena, Luis Moreno Mansilla Award. Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid, 2017
- Parish Church in Pueblo Serena, Best of Year Award (BOY) Institutional. Interior Design Award, 2016
- Mercer Hotel. The Plan Award, Honorable Mention, 2016
- Espacio Fundación Telefónica. Interior Design Magazine. Best of Year Award, 2012
- Columbia University Northwest Corner Building. Library Journal New Landmark Libraries. Honorable Mention, Science and Engineering, 2012
- Columbia University Northwest Corner Building. Building/Technology Systems, ACEC New York Platinum Award, 2012
- Columbia University Northwest Corner Building. Society for Collage and University Planning AIA-Committee on Architecture foe Education. Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture for a new building, 2011
- Columbia University Northwest Corner Building. Engineering News Record New York, Best Project Award in Higher Education/Researh, 2011
- Thermal Baths in Panticosa. Wallpaper Magazine Best Spa Award, Interior Design Magazine, Best Spa os the Year Award, 2009
- William Kinne Travelling Fellowship, 1991