Artwork for Brazilian samba band Casuarina's album called "7". The idea was to deconstruct any pre-conceived notion of the band’s music and break every expectation by:
1. Removing any written information from the cover
2. Breaking visual expectations by dividing basic shapes through the use of color, creating entirely new configurations from the most familiar forms.
3. Intentionally breaking the song’s titles incorrectly, playing with perceptions and creating new words that emotionally connect with the songs.
4. Creating seven independent cards instead of a booklet.
5. Hiding 7s everywhere. Every division of every artwork forms a 7.
I work as Creative Director, Art Director and Visual Designer for advertising,
design and digital agencies. On the side, I focus on creative projects for the
arts & culture industry. I love what I do. I love coming up with innovative ideas, creating visual identities, exploring looks & feels, and I love doing it by being hands-on or by directing a team of diversified talents. My focus on craft and passion for solving visual and conceptual problems naturally led every step of my
career. From the very beginning working for award-winning creative shops
in Rio to my freelance career in NYC.
HOW International Design Awards
American Graphic Design Award
Brazilian Graphic Design Biennial
IDA Design Awards
The Webby Awards
Colunistas Brasil Award
Colunistas Rio Award
Best of Rio Festival
Peixe Grande Award
SOS Mata Atlântica by CCSP
Colunistas New Generation