Origami Ark or Sun Show Leather Pavilion is a showroom for Sansho leather manufacture in Himeji, Japan.
The challenge was to create a space capable to show more than 3000 products in a very restrained area, and make the client understand the huge variety of products as he visits the showroom.
The Origami Ark uses 83 small units of 1.5x1.5x2 m3 combined together irregularly to create a big three dimensional maze and provides the visitor and experience similar to exploring a jungle gym.
The outside of the building was inspired by traditional Japanese art of Origami making, and conjugated with the high speed of Shinkansen trains passing in front of the building.
Head Architect Designer.
- 1976: Born in Japan.
- 1999: Bachelor degree in Osaka University of Arts, Department of Architecture.
- 2001: Completion of courses in Graduate School of Design, Osaka University of Art.
- 2001: Researcher lab at Graduate school of Design, Osaka University of Art.
- 2001: Integrate Matsuya Art Works as an Architect Designer.
- 2006: Head Architect Designer at Matsuya Art Works.
- 2007: Founded KTX archiLAB.
- 2016: Ranked No.35 in World’s Interior Designers Ranking by DA’C (Italy).