After years in development, the Lumatone is a game-changing instrument for keyboard players, isomorphic keyboard enthusiasts, and microtonal composers. Powered by centuries-old music theory and modern design ingenuity, the Lumatone is all at once intuitive to play, fully programmable, and endlessly creative.
The Lumatone boasts 280 illuminated, velocity sensitive hexagonal keys. Each with an individually programmable MIDI note and LED colour via provided software. 10 onboard preset buttons for easy recall of your favourite tunings and mappings.
Cortex Design is a product development firm located in Toronto. We deliver turn-key, end to end product development services for the purpose of delivering fantastic human experiences. Cortex's focus is primarily on innovative health devices and medtech, but we develop consumer and commercial products of all industries. We work closely with our clients through each stage, from scoping out the project early on to providing manufacturing services on an ongoing basis. Cortex operates under an ISO9001:2015 certified Quality Management System.
Cortex Design – Client Product Awards / Accolades
Client: CloudDX – VITALITI
- Bold Epic Innovator XPRIZE Winner in the $10M Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE
- The Tricorder is now in clinical trials with an expected product launch date of 2019
Client: Voltera V-One
- Voltera was named one of the Top 25 Fastest Growing companies in Canada in 2018.
- Global James Dyson Award Winner, 2015.
- Listed as one of Popular Science’s Inventions of the Year, 2015.
- 2015 Spark Award
- PriceWaterhouseCooper’s Vision to Reality Award – Recognized as a Top 10 Up and Coming Technology Company
- Cannes Innovation Lion – Finalist